Fifth Generation Family Owned and Operated Trucking Company Specializing in Hazardous and Non‐Hazardous Material Transportation within a 100‐Mile Radius of the Chicagoland Area
Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC) CODE BANM trucking industry standard reference.
Since 1904, we have sustained a strong commitment to our customers. Providing outstanding customer service has enabled us to build long‐lasting relationships with our customers. We take great pride in continually providing:
- certified hazardous materials transportation expertise
- simplified structured pricing
- outstanding customer service
- Truck Loads (TL) and Less than Truck Loads (LTL) shipments
- same day expedited pickup available (requests made by 9:00 AM guarantee same day service)
- 99% next day on‐time delivery track record
- 10 to 15 trucks (power units)... with fifty (50) trailers
Our mission has not changed since 1904 and can be summed up in one word – RESPECT. It is RESPECT for the feelings, wishes, rights and traditions of others whether they be our customers, our employees, our families or our vendors as well as respect for:
- our customers and their demands
- the importance of safety
- the morale of our employees
- the task at hand and minimize unnecessary interruptions
- on‐time deliveries
- sales department efforts
- the importance of flexibility
The Barr & Miles Difference
Exceptional Customer Service:
Talk to real people
Real voice response, not a
Freezable Handling Services:
Heat room on premise. Heated trucks available.
No Extra Charges for:
Cold sensitive products including chemicals and related products.
Advantage notification or appointments.