A Chicago Trucking Company with Deep Chicago Roots
Serving Chicago Area Shippers and Manufacturers Since 1904
Fourth Generation Family Owned and Operated Specializing In Hazardous and Non‐Hazardous Material Transportation within a 100‐Mile Radius of Chicagoland Area
Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC) CODE BANM trucking industry standard reference.
Since 1904, we have sustained a strong commitment to our customers. Providing outstanding customer service has enabled us to build long‐lasting relationships with our customers. We take great pride in continually providing:
- certified hazardous materials transportation expertise
- simplified structured pricing
- outstanding customer service
- Truck Loads (TL) and Less than Truck Loads (LTL) shipments
- same day expedited pickup available (requests made by 9:00 AM guarantee same day service)
- 99% next day on‐time delivery track record
- 10 to 15 trucks (power units)... with fifty (50) trailers
Our mission has not changed since 1904 and can be summed up in one word – RESPECT. It is RESPECT for the feelings, wishes, rights and traditions of others whether they be our customers, our employees, our families or our vendors as well as respect for:
- our customers and their demands
- the importance of safety
- the morale of our employees
- the task at hand and minimize unnecessary interruptions
- on‐time deliveries
- sales department efforts
- the importance of flexibility
The Barr & Miles Difference
Exceptional Customer Service:
- Toll‐free link to customer
- Talk to real people
- Real voice response, not a
Freezable Handling Services:
- We accept freezable materials 5 days a week
- Heat room on premise. Heated trucks available.
No Extra Charges for:
- Lift Gate services for shippers or consignees without docks.
- Cold sensitive products including chemicals and related products.
- Advantage notification or appointments.
Feel free to contact us via the following
5502 W 47th St.,
Chicago, IL 60638